Staining and Protecting Decks in Central Florida since 1986
This photo shows an aged deck with average wear even after 15 years of use. This deck is fairly good shape and can be made to look almost new. Deck staining and deck sealing should take place every one to two years depending on the environmental conditions and how much traffic it carries. We recommend only premium deck stains and sealers. Typically oil based stains have greater longevity and wear better, however acrylics have come a long way and now provide a viable option for staining a deck. We do not use or recommend using cheap wax based sealers. Proper deck maintenance will keep your wood looking great for years. Once a premium coating is applied, a maintenance washing and coating only needs to be done every one to two years. Keep in mind, if the maintenance is skipped on a deck, it will warp, crack, decay and cause splintering.
Our Deck Staining Process:
- Test the wood to see if it will absorb stain. (If water is sprinkled on the wood deck and it soaks in, then stain will penetrate and seal the wood.)
- Remove all deck furniture, grills, and plants.
- Pressure clean the deck and/or apply a deck cleaner to remove graying areas, stains and to help brighten wood.
- Allow wood to dry
- Cover and protect home and landscaping
- Apply one or two coats of sealer to deck per manufacturers specifications